Working for Hooded Horse
Hooded Horse is a fast-growing publisher of quality strategy, simulation, and role-playing games. We’re currently a small, tight-knit team with big plans for 2023 and beyond.
Based in Texas, our team is fully remote and spread across the globe. Our team operates flexibly across time zones, as do most of our devs, but we tend to primarily focus on US and Europe work hours. Our work hours are ultimately flexible; we ask you to be available when needed but also respect you as a professional to decide when to work to get the job done.
Senior Release Manager
We’re looking for an organized, communicative, and personable Release Manager to join the team and help support our exciting and ambitious release portfolio.
We want you to handle our Release Management operations and lead it forward as we expand from PC storefronts toward consoles and other platforms.
- Build processes for Release Management from the ground up – from PC platforms like Steam, GOG, and Epic, to the console platforms PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo.
- Create and maintain our store pages in collaboration with relevant teams, such as platform partners, Production, Marketing, and Localization.
- Run experiments and learn to optimize our store pages together with Marketing to improve click-through rate, sales, and other KPIs.
- Track and communicate Release Management timelines across the portfolio, to keep our studios and the wider company continuously aligned.
- Collaborate with studios and first parties to establish submission timelines and certification requirements across the portfolio.
- Provide platform insights that ensure studios understand the impact of various platforms on their production timelines.
- Manage and coordinate the build submission process between studios and platform partners.
- Where necessary, manage the age-rating process between studios and age-rating classification partners.
- Manage user accounts across the organization for all partner platforms.
- 3+ years of experience in release management in the games industry, specifically PC and console platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of Steamworks (the Steam partner backend).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Partner Center (the Xbox partner backend) and PlayStation Partners (the PlayStation partner backend).
- Very detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent and proactive communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing recruiting@
Get in Touch
We are growing rapidly. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org for a general application including your resume and a brief description of what roles you’re interested in or follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn for updates on job openings.
Join Our Newsletter Today
Sign-up to our newsletter to be notified of game releases, development updates, and special deals!